Millions of people all over the world are struggling with acne regardless of gender and age. Acne is a skin condition that can appear on any part of the body but most commonly on the face, back, chest and shoulders. An outbreak can occur due to fluctuating hormones, an unhealthy diet, vitamin deficiency and stress. There are two types of acnes:
Mild acne: it consists of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and pustules that can cause pain and irritation.
Severe acne: This is a more aggravated form of acne which consists of large boils that can take months to get rid of and could cause scarring.
Acne can be prevented successfully by following some crucial steps. Some of the steps which you can follow to prevent acne are:
- Develop a habit of regularly washing your face twice a day with clean water. You can also use a mild cleanser which can help in removing dirt and bacteria from your face. This habit can safeguard your skin from the build-up of dirt, oil, makeup and bacteria on your face and help you to achieve smother complexion;
- Keep your skin clean, dry and oil free, it may be possible that pores become blocked or clogged even after cleaning skin but with clean skin you can prevent frequent outbreaks;
- Apply vitamin E oil on your acne to reduce the swelling and redness and eat food containing vitamin E to prevent acne.
There are different acne treatments available, some of the proven and effective treatments are:
In this treatment different types of light are subjected to the affected area of your skin to kill the bacteria which cause redness and swelling of acne. Bacteria are killed by using pulsed light and heat energy which can also shrink oil glands which reduces oil production. The area subjected to light remains red for a few days after treatment.
This treatment is mainly used for treating two types of acne- nodules and cysts which cause large, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin. This is the temporary and occasional treatment for stubborn acne. The drawbacks of this treatment are:
- It leads to thinning of the skin;
- Sometimes, a permanent blood vessel can appear on the surface of the skin;
- Color of the treated area could become lighter than normal.