E-cigarettes have been taking the world by storm since their inception, and the trend is not without sound reason. These portable, battery-powered devices effectively simulate smoking by vaporizing a pleasantly flavoured “e-liquid” which the user inhales, thereby attaining the same tactile, hand-to-mouth, deep-breathing experience as is felt during traditional smoking.
What are the benefits of e-cigarettes vs. traditional cigarettes?
While it may be hard to believe any form of inhaling nicotine may be less than damaging to your health, e-liquid provides a safer and healthier experience for smokers (as compared to traditional cigarettes) for the following reasons:
- While e-liquid often (but not always) contains nicotine, it does not contain the 4000+ other dangerous chemicals that are contained in traditional cigarettes, and it’s these chemicals (such as arsenic and benzene) which provide the vast majority of the carcinogens in cigarettes, not nicotine itself.
- E-liquid generates no dangerous second-hand smoke. It will not harm anyone around you, produce a foul odour, stain your clothing, etc.
- E-liquid also will not stain or damage your teeth in the way that traditional smoking does; it will not dry out your gums and risk your dental health.
- E-liquid is made of SP-grade Propylene Glycol, an ingredient the FDA has deemed safe for use in food flavourings, cosmetics, and even asthma inhalers. If it’s safe for an asthmatic’s lungs, it’s obviously not likely to be hard on the lungs of a healthy adult. Because of this reduced impact on the lungs, many smokers who turn to e-liquid find that it becomes much easier to exercise. Likewise, much more oxygen can enter the bloodstream and brain, possibly preventing smoking-related cardiovascular issues.
- E-cigarettes have been proven to effectively reduce cravings for traditional cigarettes.
- The amount of nicotine in the liquid can be varied right down to zero; ergo, if the user has health fears about nicotine consumption, he or she can make the choice that’s right for his or her needs.
- There is no ash to deal with, nor messy, smelly cigarette butts—something that will surely make your home a more pleasant place for all who live there. This also reduces the toll cigarettes take on the natural environment, by reducing the amount of “throw away” litter and toxic chemicals that enter the ecosystem via smoking.
As with any product you ingest, however, it’s imperative to make sure that the quality of your e-liquid is not in any way questionable, that it has been tested and held to certain standards. To that end, you should only inhale liquid that has been manufactured using only United States Pharmacopoeia Certified Manufacturing Components (such as that available from E-Liquid Wholesale USA), as well as Certified Pure Liquid Nicotine.
[toggle title=”Featured images”]