The world is taking a healthier approach to life. Everyone desires to be fit and healthy and getting weight levels in control has become imperative for everyone. But often people find themselves unsure of whether their weight is at the right levels or not. Men are constituted differently from women and their weight levels vary greatly too. Consequently, they must follow a distinct health regime based on their particular weight requirements.
In order to assess weight and its consequent effects on the body, devising and following a BMI chart for men can prove to be extremely useful. Determining your BMI levels (by means of a simple calculation) will be sufficient information on whether a man’s weight is in tandem with the standard weight measurements.
Reasons for Men to Have a Healthy BMI
Most men have to struggle much more than women in order to maintain a healthy weight and BMI levels, but for a number of reasons it is a worthwhile struggle to undertake –
- Healthy Heart: Being overweight can pressurize your heart, raising blood pressure levels. Having high blood pressure can lead to a number of cardiac ailments and other health problems. Overweight people are much more likely to fall prey to a sudden stroke or heart attack.
- Maintain Blood Sugar: Gaining excessive weight can play havoc with your blood sugar levels and lead to diabetes. For those already suffering from the condition, it is mandatory to keep your weight in check, so that your blood sugar remains regulated.
- Look Great: Controlling your BMI is only possible when you work out and stay healthy. Following a health plan ensures that you do not just stay healthy, but also look great thanks to toned muscles and no sign of unwanted fat in your body.
- Emotional Well-being: Overweight people often thrive on binge eating. In addition, their weight itself can lead to depression and emotional distress. Losing weight has a calming effect on the mind.
- Aids Sleep: Overweight men find it harder to sleep and struggle with issues such as snoring and breathlessness during their slumber. Maintaining a healthy BMI level can ensure that you always get a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid Being Underweight: Losing too much weight leads to excessively low BMI levels for men. This is just as harmful as being overweight and can affect the immune system adversely, damaging vital organs and causing fatal ailments.
How to Achieve Proper BMI?
To ensure that your BMI level is always balanced, it is important to follow a planned health routine, which includes following the BMI chart for men and the pointers given below–
- Diet: Prepare a diet plans in special considerations of your weight requirements. In addition to your weight, also keep your general health conditions in mind when preparing a diet plan. Cut down on junk foods, caffeine, alcohol and drugs.
- Exercise: No weight regime is complete with an exercise plan. If you do not like the idea of going to the gym, take up a sport or physical activity instead.
- De-stress: Getting worried or stressed can lead to binge eating. Cut down on stress for emotional wellness and to aid weight loss.
[toggle title=”Featured images”]