Most of us at one time or another have suffered from constipation. It’s not very comfortable and in some cases it can be long-lasting. What we eat and drink is often the main reason for the problem, which means addressing your diet is usually the best way forward.
Constipation can also occur if we don’t exercise regularly – that’s not to say we have to be pushing weights every day of the week, but we should perform some sort of exercise, like walking or jogging, once or twice a week.
The good news is that with a few simple changes to our daily eating and drinking routine, constipation can be cured naturally.
Here are 7 top tips to help relieve your constipation symptoms:
For long-term constipation relief, you should really be addressing your general diet and eating habits to make sure the problem is kept at bay:
- Cut down on processed foods like microwave or ready meals, bacon, savoury snacks like crisps, bread and tinned vegetables and foods that contain white flour, or refined white sugar
- Keep your meals light and regular and make sure you eat at least 3 to 4 hours before going to bed
- Make sure you eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables every day, and do include raw vegetables in your diet to get the maximum nutrition
- Eat a mix of raw nuts and seeds every day as these are highly beneficial
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day
Article provided by Mike James, an independent content writer working together with Serviced Events; the UK’s largest reseller of GigLoo toilets, the hygienic solution to events and party sanitation.