Hair transplant is becoming more popular – perhaps because modern technologies have made the procedure easy and relatively inexpensive than what it was before. More, the technology is foolproof, if you’ve the right hair transplant, you wouldn’t have to worry about baldness any longer.
Benefits of hair transplant and choosing the right hair transplant
A good hair transplant job can not only help you get back your lost hair but also boost your confidence and make you feel good about yourself. However, in order to get the transplant right, there are certain things which you must keep in mind when choosing hair transplant for yourself. They are mentioned below in details.
- Choosing between FUE and FUT – Most reputed clinics offer a choice between 2 of the most popular procedures when it comes to hair transplant. They are FUE or follicular unit extraction and FUT or follicular unit transplantation. FUT is an old method which requires cutting and removing a strip of hair and skin on your scalp which is then divided and transplanted on the bald areas while the newer method FUE makes use of advanced technology where small incisions are made around every hair follicle unit which is later transplanted to the bald area. You should know that the FUE method helps a person get back to normal rapidly, is less painful and minimal scarring takes place in this process.
- Skin and Hair type – People with Asian or black skin type should opt for a surgeon experienced with similar skin type patients. A hair transplant surgeon that knows how to take care of your hair and skin type will give best possible results, minimal scarring and maximum success.
- Hair Transplant Cost – when it comes to costing, what you need to know is that your decision or choice of method for hair transplantation should not be based on cost. You must be willing to spend money and time to get permanent and positive results. If you opt for an inexperienced surgeon now to save money, you might end up spending lot more in correcting or redoing the procedure to get it right later on.
- Complications and risks – Ask your surgeon about all the related risks and complications that you might incur during the procedure. You must keep in mind to ask them to minimize risks and also clarify as to who will bear the extra costs in case any complication comes up.
- Experience counts – As mentioned before, the clinic and surgeon that you choose to do the job must be well experienced, especially with patients having similar hair and skin type as yours. Always ask to see after and before pictures and ask details as to how the procedure is carried out. Also check with the surgeon for his experiences and qualifications.
- Check online information – In today’s time, there is absolutely no kind of information that you wouldn’t fine online. Check out the online reputation of the clinic you have chosen for yourself along with its doctors and surgeons. However, you may not get the opinion of all the people who have undergone such a surgery online but it will help you know where the clinic and surgeons that you have chosen stand.
- Make preparations and arrange for after care – Once the transplant is over and even while it is happening, you might need to consider many things. If you opt for FUT you will have to follow a strict aftercare regime while the FUE method needs lesser downtime and aftercare and helps you get back to your normal life at the earliest. Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and exercising too much for a few weeks after the transplant. Also avoid spicy food items.
- Do not be in a rush – Do not make hasty decisions when choosing hair transplant clinics or the procedure itself. Ask all the questions in your mind and make sure you have no doubts whatsoever before opting for the transplant. Research well and make sure that the hair transplant you are about to get done is for the right reasons only.
Try to go in for hair transplant from a company who knows what they are doing. For instance, hair transplant Manchester services are just right if you are living in Manchester.