If you suffer from oily skin you will know the issues that typically arise when your sebaceous glands go into over drive and kick out more sebum than is strictly required: you get left with a shiny face and a plethora of skin conditions that you would rather do without.
Over active sebaceous glands are the number one cause of skin irritations and outbreaks of spots, especially white heads and blocked pores.
Oily skin sufferers know only too well the difficulty in finding good skin care products, as the majority of whats on offer only adds to the problem, making your skin greasier and oiler than when you started!
Sometimes it’s just easier to go without than risk using a bad product.
Despite the unfortunate side effects of having over zealous sebaceous glands, people with oily skin look noticeably younger than those with dry skin - it’s not all bad.
Oily skin sufferers are less prone to wrinkles and the wrinkles they do get come on much slower than on their dry skin counterparts.
To help make oily skin more manageable, we have compiled a few tips to make life that little bit easier, read on for some inspiration.
- 1. It is essential, regardless of your skin type, to maintain a good skin care routine. You can use cleansers, toners and moisturisers as you wish, just make sure you wash your skin daily to remove any dirt build up as this can go a long way in helping reduce oil production and keeping your skin in good working order.
- 2. Exfoliate. Be sure to exfoliate regularly as this helps to remove dead skin cells and prevents them from building up and blocking your pores. Just don’t over do it as too regular exfoliation can have an adverse affect on oily skin by stimulating the glands. Just twice a week should do the trick.
- 3. Use the right products for your skin type. Look for products designed for sensitive skin and if you are in any doubt, seek professional advice before using any new products as they could aggravate your already sensitive skin. Have a look on PharmaDeal online as they have the same quality of products that you can find in regular health stores, but at a fraction of the price.
- 4. Choose a good foundation. Foundation is such a popular choice now, but if you have oily skin be sure to pick one that has been designed for oily skins. Always keep a blotting kit to hand though for emergencies - some translucent powder and oil blotting sheets will keep any flare ups in check.
- 5. Moisturisers weren’t created equal. When picking a moisturiser, like foundation, pick one that is designed for oily skin. You don’t want to add to your problem. Try and find an oil-free one, but don’t forgo it all together - moisturiser won’t add oil to your skin, it will prevent it from being dehydrated.
- 6. Primer is your friend. Primer goes under make up and keeps the make up on the skin for longer than without it. Again, find one that is designed for oily skin sufferers.
- 7. Once you have cleansed your face, use a moisturiser followed by a primer and finally dust powder all over your face. It will help the foundation stick to your skin for much longer and will aid in providing coverage and help keep the oil from adversely affecting the foundation. Once the foundation is in place, pat a light layer of powder over the top just to seal it. Throughout the day apply foundation, powder and coverup as required.
- 8. Toner. Use one that is alcohol free. Once you have found the right one for you be sure to use it everyday as a toner is vital to a great skin care routine. Toner helps remove excess oil and dirt from your skin - they pick up the bits the cleanser missed.
- 9. Best beauty products. The best beauty products that oily skin sufferers can buy are those that contain citric acid, lactic acid and glycolic acid. You can find great skin care products from PharmaDeal Online.
Finally, if you implement only one or two of these tips into your life, it will help you in the long run. So many people suffer from oily skin that you aren’t alone and by doing some simple research into picking the best products for your skin type it will make a positive difference to your skin and your life.