Cancer in itself is known as a fatal disease. There are various types of cancers that can make a human being suffer. From all those, breast cancer is the second most common reason for cancer related deaths in women throughout the world. Although women are the primary victims to this disease, many men have also been found being affected by this disease. The real cause of breast cancer is a mystery and this makes the treatment little tougher for the doctors. Researchers have been working since years to relate the reason behind this disease with lifestyles, environmental factors, genes, drugs, etc.
The number of women suffering from breast cancer is growing day by day and throughout the world. This increase has also been noted in the U.S. There can be several factors leading to this condition. Two primary factors that can be considered as reasons for the increasing number of breast cancer patients are found to be aging and being a female. The chances of getting breast cancer increase with age. As you go older, you are more susceptible to getting this disease. Secondly, it has been observed that females are much more vulnerable to this disease with only few cases related to men.
The common methods to treat this type of cancer are either surgery or the radiation therapy. Extensive research has been done since many years to find out the reason behind occurrence of this type of cancer. The reports from these researches have brought front the following facts being responsible for causing this type of cancer.
Facts behind Breast Cancer
• Many a women are diagnosed by some type of non-cancerous disease of breast. Later on these diseases is expected to develop into cancer in few years. So, in such a case you must keep in touch with the doctor to get timely alerted and know if cancer has started its development. Prior treatment in such conditions can also be helpful to you. Is your breast heavy or dense? If yes, you may be more vulnerable to developing breast cancer. On the other hand women who have been diagnosed with these symptoms and cancer can also see a reoccurrence or the same.
• The disease also has some hereditary connection. Women having their grandmother, mother or close relatives suffering from it in the past, the chances of they too developing the same increases. If you have a family history if the disease, it would be good to go through genetic tests so as to find any chances of the same and prevent its occurrence.
• As per recent studies, excessive consumption of alcohol is also linked to development of breast cancer. Daily alcohol drink can increase the chances of getting into this disease.
• Human race is another deciding factor. It has been observed that white women are more prone to developing this disease than Asian, Black or Hispanic descent.
• Hormones may also be a reason here. Therapy that includes prolonged usage of estrogen-progestin has been linked with the disease in various cases. Late age pregnancy or not having a child may also lead to breast cancer.
In case you are diagnosed with this type of cancer, surgery can be a way of treatment. However, there are many other treatments processes too including radiation. These are the common techniques of cancer treatment which are done in combination too in order to get maximum benefit out of the treatment procedure. With the help of surgery, the cancerous cells are removed by this process. Partial mastectomy and lumpectomy are the two ways of removing cancerous cells. Removal of those cells prevents in proliferation of the cells elsewhere in the body. On the other hand, radiation therapy has been observed to help in recurrence of cancer. Radiation treatment of cancer was associated with a fault that it also resulted in damage to the nearby healthy tissues, but with the advanced radiation therapy procedure we have today, no harm is done to any healthy tissue.
Author: Aidan Bertie
We covers the latest developments and news in the treatment and management of all health related things, updating you through our brilliantly written newsletters, blogs, and articles that primarily deals with health topics.