Last Updated on
Human beings have different emotions. You can feel different emotions when you’re placed in different situations. For example, it’s normal to be anxious when you’re waiting for exam results or for your turn during a job interview. You probably don’t know what to expect during these situations which is why you’re anxious. However, when anxiety becomes too excessive that you can no longer function because of it, this should already become a cause for concern. Leaving this untreated can put your health at risk. Aside from following your doctor’s orders when it comes to treating anxiety, CBD oils can also help. These have been used by many people for years, and you should consider doing the same too. To paint a clearer picture of how CBD oils work for anxiety, listed below are some of its pros and cons.
When you use CBD oils for your anxiety, expect that you can experience the following benefits:
- CBD oils may reduce social anxiety: Most people fear to be around different people. Not because they don’t want to, but because their mind signals fear whenever they try to. Social anxiety can affect you in a lot of ways – you’ll have a hard time making and maintaining relationships, finding a job and even standing up for your own. This can force you to live an isolated life. This is something which CBD oils can help you with. In a study conducted on 2011, researchers used a group of people as their participants. Some of them took CBD oils while some didn’t. The participants who took CBD oils become more relaxed and were able to deliver a speech in front of crowd. These oils helped them to be calm and reduce their social anxiety.
- CBD oils can possibly treat other forms of anxiety: What makes anxiety difficult to treat is because it comes in different forms. What you think is normal for you, might already be a symptom of anxiety – and you don’t even know it. Instead of taking different medications for different forms of anxiety, you should consider using CBD oils. A number of studies have proven how this can become a promising treatment for panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and even generalized anxiety disorder. With enough research, CBD oils can become a cure-all to different types of anxiety.
- CBD oils can help with PTSD and sleep disorders: When you were involved in a traumatic incident such as crime or accident, you’ll have a hard time forgetting what you experienced. No matter how much you try, memories of the incident will haunt you, making it difficult for you to focus. These effects can heighten when a child becomes the subject. Fortunately, CBD oils can help treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It can also help with any sleep disorder linked to PTSD. This has been tested in a child and the results were positive. The child was able to reduce its anxiety and was able to sleep better. However before trying it on any child please seek medical advice first.
However, CBD oils also have some cons. And some of these are as follows:
- The number of researches on the effects of CBD oils to humans is still limited: While many people have attested on how CBD oils have helped them, the number of researches to support their claims are still not enough. Researches concerning CBD oils are mostly done with minimal participants or with animal models. CBD oils might have positive effects in animals, but human bodies have different structures. What will work with mice might not work with human beings.
- Use of CBD oils has side effects: The use of CBD oils isn’t all good. It might reduce symptoms of your anxiety, but it also has several side effects. Some of these include dry mouth, drowsiness, and lightheadedness. You should prepare yourself to experience these things if you think CBD oil can help with your anxiety. Additionally, CBD oils can worsen tremors in patients who have Parkinson’s disease. If you have this disease, consult your doctor first before using CBD oils.
- CBD oils can lead to cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: This is a recent discovery about CBD oils. It has been found that people who have been using CBD oils for more than three years developed a rare disease called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. This disease made people vomit violently. One hypothesis researchers are looking into why this happens is because CBD oils cause the digestive system to slow down. And as its way of cleaning itself, it forces the body to vomit.
Quality Comes First
Any decision which concerns your health should be carefully examined. You shouldn’t follow any trend just because everyone else is using it. Remember that your body works differently compared to others – how CBD oils have worked on your friends might not be the same the moment you use it. You should always keep this notion in mind. But if you’re convinced that CBD oils can become the solution to your anxiety, take time to look for trusted CBD oil sold in the market. Only entrust your money and your health to well-known brands so your CBD oil use can end with positive results.