Most people suffering from hair problems are unsure as to what to do. The dilemma can range from choosing the right hair treatment option to not knowing there exists a solution for their problems!
For instance, not many people are aware as to how a hair capillary transplant takes place and we often find people wondering how it works and what it does. Such a transplant makes use of the hair from the side and back of your scalp which is known as donor sites and grafts them in the middle and front area of your scalp which are known as recipient sites.
If you too wish to get back your lost hair and confidence by opting for a hair capillary transplant, it is important to know these 7 vital things before opting for one.
1. Choose the right method – One can choose the kind of method he or she wishes to opt for with 2 major choices being available, namely, FUT and FUE method. You can take the help of your surgeon who will help you understand what the differences between these 2 methods are and he will also be able to guide you as to which method would be best suited for your hair. The size of the balding area, the patient’s lifestyle and his medical history are some of the major factors which help decide which method to use for the hair transplant.
2. Bepatient – If you are looking for immediate results within a few weeks time, you need to think again. It takes around 6 to 12 months for the transplanted hair to grow naturally and the bald area to disappear so you need to be patient during this time. However, the results that you achieve will have a permanent and natural look making it appear as if you never underwent any hair transplantation!
3. Check credibility – You must ensure that the clinic you choose and the surgeon appointed for your transplantation job are well experienced and renowned. It may happen that the untrained professional leaves visible scars while extracting the follicles or hurts the scalp tremendously. Transplantation done by skilled professionals allows you to cut your hair any time you want and helps you lead a normal lifestyle immediately.
4. Do not consider the cost – Never base your decision of choosing a method of hair transplantation on its cost as one has to spend both time and money to get the kind of results he desires. Let the surgeon chalk out the method as mentioned before as he will be able to guide you best.
5. Discuss complications before-hand – Though most hair capillary transplants when carried out by trained and skilled professionals are absolutely safe, it is good to discuss the related complications and risks with your surgeon before you get the transplantation done. You must also clarify with your surgeon as to who will bear the costs in case any complication arises and needs to be taken care of later on.
6. Check online reputation – In today’s internet world, it is important that you check the clinic’s online reputation where you intend to get the transplantation done and also know more about the surgeons working in it. Though you may not be able to get the views of the people who have already opted for such a transplantation online, you sure will be able to judge the surgeons you have chosen and whether the clinic is worth visiting or not.
7. Prepare for after-care – You need to make preparations and arrange for your after-care services well before the hair transplantation takes place. People opting for the FUT method should follow the strict aftercare regime told to them while people going for the FUE method need lesser downtime and can lead a normal life very soon after the transplantation takes place. One needs to avoid drinking alcohol, eating spicy items and smoking for at least a few months after treatment. It is also important to refrain from excess exercising (especially the ones that make you sweat) after the transplantation.
If you are worried about your hair, you can have transplante capilar done easily.