If you are going to take HGH, you must have faced a choice between growth hormone supplements and injections. The markets of both HGH types are pretty large, and producers of both injections and supplements advertise their products through all the means. So sometimes it can be difficult to decide between supplements and injections — or, another alternative, between combining both supplements and injections. We will not make this choice for you, but we will guide you through all the perks and drawbacks of the two options.
The Case For HGH Injections (And Against Supplements):
- HGH injections actually contain HGH. Growth hormone supplements claim to boost HGH levels, to enhance its production by the pituitary gland. Their producers say that the supplements offer similar L Amino Acids to those released by HGH injections. Most supplements contain various herbal and pharmaceutical ingredients, but not the actual growth hormone. But it is totally not the same as injections, which do contain human growth hormone.
- HGH injections are much more efficient. It is a direct consequence of the previous fact. Almost everywhere in medicine, injections have stronger effect than the drugs taken orally. Human growth hormone is no exception. If your aim is to significantly increase muscle mass and lose weight making your body leaner, you will be able to achieve it much faster with injections.
The Case Against HGH Injections (And For Supplements):
- HGH injections are more expensive. It is hardly possible to do a course of legit and qualitative HGH injections for a price less than $200-300, and often the price is even higher than that. The price for supplements is often high as well, but still nothing comparable with injections.
- HGH injections have stronger side effects and more contraindications. Joint pain, fluid retention, carpal tunnel syndrome — detractors of HGH injections have something to claim against injecting growth hormone. If you use injections appropriately and calculate your proper dosage, the risk of side effects is quite low, but it exists nevertheless. Besides, there is a list of HGH injections contraindications, which you might want to consider before beginning to inject HGH. It includes pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as cancer, diabetes, and a predisposal to the two diseases. Of course, HGH supplements also have side effects and contraindications, but those are much more moderate because the effect of supplements is weaker than that of HGH injections.
- HGH injections for healthy adults might be illegal. Although the rules vary around the world, growth hormone injections are approved for use only for treating growth deficiency in the United States and many other countries. Thus, HGH injections are less accessible. Since the use of HGH injections is strictly regulated by the FDA, they are available only by prescriptions in America. If you want to use growth hormone for bodybuilding or fat loss, it might be difficult to get the physician’s prescription.
So, What Is Better?
There is no exact answer whether HGH supplements or HGH injections are better. Overall, growth hormone injections are much more efficient than pills or other supplements. At the same time, their side effects are more severe, and thus the risk of taking them is higher. So, the choice of what to use — HGH injections or HGH supplements — is totally yours.