Pondering whether a laser eye surgery is the right option for you? Laser eye surgeris have become common and many clinics are offering free consultations. The benefits from a laser eye surgery are apparent. There is no problem when it comes to a laser eye surgery – they are absolutely safe and can cure eye problems with ease.
Statistics reveal that more than 40 million successful laser eye surgeries have been conducted till date with more than 5,000 surgeons being actively involved in this job. A laser eye surgery will set you back by around $2,500 to $5,000 but it’s a one time cost. With hundreds of centers to choose from, an individual needn’t worry about eye surgeries anymore and easily get vision problems corrected with the help of this amazing technology.
How do laser surgeries work?
Laser eye surgeries use lasers to cut the tissue instead of a scalpel where the laser bean vaporizes the soft tissues with the high content of water in it. The techniques used in laser surgeries help to correct far and near-sightedness in vision. Other procedures help to permanently reshape the cornea and remove small tissues with the help of an excimer laser. Such surgeries are the simplest surgical treatments ever known and is considered to be a life-changing transformation.
There are seven things that you must know before getting any laser eye surgery treatment done. They are as follows:
- Know your eyes – You need to first know the problem your eyes are facing and decide whether you really want to have the surgery or not. The results will last forever so you needn’t worry about that! Studies reveal that only 65 percent individuals need eye surgery out of all those who think they do!
- Meet the surgeon – Choose a surgeon who is experienced and board-certified. Ask all the questions you have in your mind directly to the specialist and clear all queries. Also, inquire if the doctor will take care of you as a patient after the surgery or will you be redirected to someone else?
- Refractive Error – People who are near-sighted might require repeat procedures known as refinements. Check your chances of getting a refinement done later on.
- Check if you are eligible – Laser eye surgeries are not for everyone as people with parched eyes should not undergo such surgeries. Moreover, there might be other limitations. For instance, it might be required that there is no change in eye power for a fixed period of time before a laser eye surgery can be carried out. There are other complications that can arise too. Your doctor needs to have a final say on it.
- Know the procedure – Understand the entire procedure before finalizing it. This involves knowing the side effects and how the doctor plans to carry out the procedure. Knowing how the procedure works will help you not to worry.
- Evaluate the odds and risks – Most surgeries free the patient from their glasses and allow them to enjoy improved vision. However, you need to understand that there are 2 percent chances of any complications taking place that might need further treatment. However, the complication rate is so less that one needn’t worry about it!
- Postsurgical Care – The postsurgical care includes a perfect eye-drop routine after the surgery. The final visual outcome depends on the kind of medications taken, therefore making it quite essential. Statistics states that more than 30 percent surgeries are unable to give the outcome as they duly should because of improper eye-care routines post surgery.
Six major benefits of a Laser Eye Surgery Treatment
Here is why you should consider laser eye surgery treatment.
- Improved vision – Studies suggest that around 97 percent of the patients who have undergone laser eye surgery treatments achieved UCVA or uncorrected visual acuity of a minimum of 20/40. 20/20 vision was achieved by 85 percent of the patients.
- Quick results and recovery – Statistics state that around 80 percent of the patients worldwide were able to return to their normal life schedules within 24 to 36 hours of the surgery. It is these quick results and recovery that make laser eye surgery treatments such a popular choice amongst the masses.
- Uses advanced technology – The laser eye surgeries in recent times make use of advanced technologies and eliminate the related risks which might lead to visual impairment after such a surgery. With more than 98 percent patients being completely satisfied with the results of laser surgeries, one can be rest assured of the success rate.
- Permanent results – A period of 3 months is needed for the stabilization so that the eyes can adjust to the surgery, after which the results are considered to be permanent. No follow-up procedures are needed, and the eyesight improves gradually.
- No need for contacts – The estimated yearly costs for contact lens is calculated to be around 400 dollars per year. Though laser surgeries require more than this, it is just a one-time thing that frees you from having to worry about contact lens or eye problems for the rest of your life. Moreover, you will no longer have to worry about buying solutions or sticking your finger in both the eyes every day and night!
- Goodbye to glasses – One of the nicest things for a person’s face is to not wear glasses! It gives an individual a sense of confidence and he feels good about himself. Your looks will change drastically once those ugly glasses are gone and a laser eye surgery will allow you to wear those various shades you always dreamt of. Say goodbye to glasses and regular prescriptions!
So what are you waiting for? Give yourself a new look and your eyes a lot of comfort by getting a laser eye surgery treatment done by an experienced and registered surgeon. You can check out Optilase for more details about laser eye surgery and know how you could get it done.