Losing weight is surely not an easy task. It takes a tremendous amount of commitment, hard work and a complete lifestyle makeover to see positive results. Most of us go for a crash diet and extensive workout routine in order to lose weight. But no matter how hard we try, it does not give the desired result.
Here are the top 10 weight loss tips that can help you in your weight loss journey:
· A healthy diet is the key to lose weight easily.
· Eat a balanced diet consisting of protein, carbs and fat. You need a blend of all the essential nutrients to properly fuel your body and stay satiated.
· Do not stay away from healthy fats. These take longer to break down in the body, which, in turn, will keep you feeling full for a longer period of time.
· Try to eat cereals for breakfast every day, or at least 5 times a week. Studies have found that people who eat cereal for breakfast are significantly less likely to turn obese or get diabetes than those who don’t.
· To lose weight, you need to consume fewer calories and burn up more.
· Do not follow a very low calorie diet as it will increase your temptation to binge on comfort foods.
· Also, a very low calorie diet can make you lose muscle instead of fat.
· People who follow this kind of diet often gain back all the lost weight. Only those who lose weight slowly by eating less and exercising more get the desired results in the long run.
· Water has no calories and carbs and little to no sodium. Thus it’s the perfect weight loss drink.
· Drinking 10 glasses of water every day increases metabolism along with the desire to work out more.
· Substitute your soda, tea, coffee, cola and juice with water.
· Drinking a glass of water before every meal is a good way to keep you from overeating.
· A healthy weight loss program is incomplete without a good exercise regime.
· Do 30 minutes of cardio every day for at least 5 days a week to get in perfect shape.
· Spinning, cardio kickboxing and boot camp workouts are three best cardio exercises.
· Cardio will tone the arm, legs and core, so that everything appears sleeker and tighter.
· Interval training is the best training to lose weight quickly. Instead of jogging continuously for half an hour, sprint for a minute in between and then rest for a while. The change in intensity will increase the metabolism. This will help you work out even harder while giving you time to breathe.
· Do not undermine the importance of sleep. Our body needs time to recover and regenerate itself after a long and hectic day.
· Researchers have also found that sleep deprivation increases levels of hunger hormone and decreases hormones that make you feel full.
· Chew whatever you eat at least 8 to 12 times. Chewing food properly gives our body ample time to activate appetite related hormones.
· Instead of using regular dinner plates that are 10 inches in diameter, serve your main course in salad plates that are around 7 inches wide.
· Eat your food slowly and calmly, and keep your spoon down after every bite. If you eat slowly, your brain will catch up to tell you that you are no longer in need for food.
· Stress and unwanted tension is detrimental to healthy weight loss. Chronic stress can increase cortisol hormone in the body causing sudden weight gain.
· Go for yoga, deep meditation, breathing exercise and dancing to combat stress.
· Eat 5 to 6 meals a day instead of eating three large meals. This way the body will release less insulin, keeping blood sugar steady which in turn will control hunger.
· Walk daily for 30 to 45 minutes to prevent weight gain.
· 45 minutes of walk coupled with 30 minutes of exercise daily will help you lose as much as 8 pounds in a month.
· Being inactive for more than 4 hours slows down the metabolism, making it easier to store fat. So walk or keep standing for at least 10 minutes every 4 hours.
· Last, but not the least, a positive attitude is very important for successful weight loss.
· Losing weight and keeping it off forever won’t happen unless you change your habit permanently.
· You need to make a commitment to yourself to adopt a healthier way of life.
· Every pound you shed is the direct result of your dedication to exercise and healthy eating.
The points suggested here are relatively simple and easy to include in your daily lifestyle. Incorporate these subtle and few changes, and see the big impact it makes on your weight loss plan.
[toggle title=”References, Citations & Featured images”]
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://www.gettyimages.com/
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved.
- This year’s most dangerous fad diets (telegraph.co.uk)
- Top 5 faddy diets you should avoid in the New Year (dailymail.co.uk)
- 32st woman who couldn’t lose weight is diagnosed with a hidden TUMOUR (dailymail.co.uk)