It’s finally the season to get those sun-hats, flip-flops and short, airy clothes out. It is also the time to get that arsenal of makeup- makeup that is sun-friendly and perfectly brings out the season’s flavors and moods! If you’re someone who’s still getting her stuff in place, perhaps this checklist will help you figure what cosmetics you should NOT miss out on.
- Eye-shadow: Eye-shadow is probably the most integral part of every woman’s makeup kit. For the summer, you should be well-armed with earthy shades like deep brown, forest green, ink-blue, as well as sprightly shades like corals, pastels or even neon, if you’re up for some drama.
- Eye-shadow primer: Eye-shadow shows massive potential to fade or crease, making your eye makeup look like a shoddy job, especially in the summers. An eye-shadow primer not only provides protection from the sun, but also keeps your eye makeup in place for many hours at end, season irrespective.
- Long-stay eyeliner: A long-stay, smudge-free, waterproof eyeliner is a worthy investment at any point in the year. But, in the spring, when the bright weather demands more outdoor time than anything else, this becomes all the more important. This is the time for colorful experimenting, so don’t hesitate to go for eyeliners in bold, flirty shades like electric blue, forest green or even shocking pink!
- Orange lipstick: This color seems to be all over the scene right now. And why not? It’s just plain awesome. It’s the perfect choice for the winters as well and goes fabulously with every skin color. However, bear in mind that orange may be a bit of a tricky shade to pull off.
- Matte red lipstick: Nothing spells classy like lips painted a shade of matte red. Be it for an outdoor brunch with the girlfriends or an elegant dinner date, matte red never falls out of style. For the spring season, go for a red that’s more inclined to the brighter end- something with hints of tangerine.
- Bare lips: Many are left surprised at the beauty smooth bare lips exude. Those with healthy pink lips, waste no time in flaunting them. Simply cover the lips with good ‘ole Vaseline or a clear lip balm. And you’re good to go!
- Emerald green: Emerald green painted nails look classy as well as trendy, thus forming a perfect choice of nail-color for any occasion or time. The earthy hint also appears very calming when the temperature all around you only seems to be heading northwards.
- Pastel pink: Sprightly yet quiet, pastel pink, not too dull, not too loud. Pastel pink is just the perfect nail-color for those who want to be fashionably in-tune with the weather, without bordering on crazy.
- Matte white: For those fashionistas stuck in the corporate rut, with not too much of fashion freedom, matte white comes to the rescue. Elegant and in perfect harmony with the season, if you do a neat job with this, you’re never failing to impress.
- Rose pink blush: This color gives the cheeks a flush and a very fresh look- something that’s a sight to behold during the summers. Very romantic, very soft, very feminine and very, very impressive!
- Tinted moisturizer: When the weather threatens to put the sweat glands in action, even ever so slightly, it’s only wise to put the usual foundation away. Go for tinted moisturizers instead. It provides sun protection, does the same job as the foundation and leaves the pores to breathe easy all through the day.
- Face primer: A face primer serves as the barrier between your skin and the makeup, thus allowing the skin to breathe and prevent any allergic or acne reactions. A SPF based primer also serves as a sunscreen, providing the added necessary protection.
- Bronzer: A light brush of the bronzer on the face, neck and arms helps you achieve the perfect sun-kissed look during the night. A few gentle strokes of the bronzer helps you flaunt the Greek Goddess-like look, while everyone else is just left open-mouthed.
[toggle title=”Featured images”]
Torres McCarthy is a well-known fashion blogger. For his day job, he works as an assistant to a successful fashion designer. He prefers the all-natural mineral makeup over cosmetics and other artificial makeup as they may prove harmful to the skin.