Last Updated on
While sleeping if someone is producing sound from mouth and nose while breathing then it is considered as snoring. Snoring is also related to sleep apnea. Sometimes it seems funny and annoying at the same. People make fun of snorers and they feel embarrassed about the same. Basically, it is hard noise and heavy breathing during sleep. Technically it is caused by vibrating tissues within the airways of the nose and throat and the turbulent airflow which is obstructed through narrowed airways. A serious problem for the family members, sleeping partners and snorers itself. Generally, it is taken lightly but it can be a sign of major health disorders like heart disease, sleep apnea, sinus, enlarged tonsils, obesity, etc.
Problems Generated by Snoring
Snoring is a common problem among adults. It affects male and female both, but it is frequent in men. Snorer produces loud vibrating rattling and whistling sound while breathing during the sleep. It deprives the snorer of satisfying sleep and affects the relationships badly. There are divorce cases due to snoring and some miserable and pathetic condition of roommates living in PG’s and hostels.
1. Obstruction in airflow through mouth and nose results snoring. Sometimes it is due to a seasonal allergy, sinus infection or nasal polyps.
2. Obesity (overweight) is one of the most important cause.
3. Consumption of alcohol before bedtime increases snoring.
4. The tendency of snoring occurs when somebody is having a narrow airway and nasal problems.
5. The sleeping position also causes snoring. People sleeping on their back affected badly by snoring. While sleeping on back tongue move to the back and blocks airflow through; the side sleepers normally do not face chronic snoring problem.
Here Are Some Natural Remedies To Stop Snoring
1. First of all, you should protect yourself if you are sensitive to the atmosphere where you sleep. If you are affected by seasonal allergies, nasal and sinus problems then see your doctor and get the medical condition treated.
2. People suffering from obesity should lose their weight by taking low-calorie food. You can take the help of a nutritionist and follow a regular exercise schedule.
3. Avoid sleeping on the back as the back position of the tongue obstructs the airflow through your throat. Side sleeping supports the air to flow easily and reduces snoring. Side Sleepers can get the best results.
4. Alcohol consumption before bed should be restricted; it should be two hours earlier. Smoking is also a major cause of snoring.
5. You should follow good sleep hygiene practice, use neat bed sheets, soft and comfortable mattresses, and pillow to take proper sleep.
6. Avoid using sedatives, as during sedation your throat muscles get to relax and cause loud snoring.
7. Avoid having a heavy meal and consuming dairy products because it leaves mucus in your mouth and throat.
8. Follow a regular throat and nasal exercise to protect drying up of nasal and throat membranes. The distance between the floor and your bed from the head side should be of the adequate amount so you can get the proper flow of air.
9. If you are having specific or structural nasal problems then you can use nasal strips or dilator to make you’re breathing effective and easier. In a critical case contact a specialist and going for surgery is advisable.
10. If you do not have a history of structural or medical problems it is advisable to use CPAP mask (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). While sleeping it keeps the airway open and supplies sufficient air flow to proper and good sleep.
Why a CPAP Mask?
A CPAP mask is useful for removing the obstruction in the airway while you breathe. A patient complaining because of sleep apnea can face major consequences. The throat structures narrow down and it creates a shortage in the air supply to the lungs. A CPAP mask through the air pressure keeps the throat open. It eliminates snoring and allows one to breathe freely. To reduce snoring side sleeping position is suggested. CPAP mask is available for side sleeping position.
CPAP Mask for Side Sleepers
CPAP Nasal Pillow mask is suitable for side sleepers. It is amongst the most suitable CPAP Masks For Side Sleepers. It is a flexible mask, which offers the support of a pillow and it stays evenly on the nose while you shift sides. It is very helpful in eliminating the problem of snoring in sleep apnea patients.
There are various reasons for snoring. Occasional snoring does no harm, but if it is frequent or chronic then it calls for immediate attention. There is no single treatment to stop snoring. First of all, you should identify snoring symptoms and frequency. of snoring. After that, you can select a mode to reduce snoring or consult the specialist.