Last Updated on
It is said that “Smile is contagious” as it enhances the beauty and personality of the person. Teeth have an important role to play in the formation of the face and enhance one’s smile. Imagine stained teeth or crooked teeth and its impact on your smile! Tooth care and prevention of dental problems are important as it won’t only affect the aesthetics but will also lead to severe issues in the long run. Clean, strong and symmetrical teeth will make your smile beautiful and will also promote good digestion as it will chew food properly. Hence, it is important to take proper care of the teeth and keep them clean. If you are facing dental issues over a prolonged period of time then it is time to fix an appointment with a dentist and don’t fret over the expense you can always look for some offers and discounts online that will help you get treated in the budget.
Oral Care Regime
Practicing a good oral care is important and should not be ignored. If you are wondering, where are you lacking or what can you do to upgrade your oral care regime, then check out the below-mentioned points:
- Brush your teeth in the right way: Often people brush teeth but mindlessly and in a wrong way. Firstly, make sure to brush your teeth twice a day, if you don’t floss. Secondly, do it in the right manner. Hold your brush at the angle of 45° and brush for at least 2 minutes covering all the 4 quadrants. Also, do not rub hard while brushing. Ensure the toothbrush used is not very hard and bristles do not scratch the gums.
- Floss at least once every day: It will help to clean the inside of the teeth and if there is any food particle stuck and then it can be removed by flossing. Do not use a hard thread to floss and be gentle while flossing.
- Use mouthwash after main meals of the day: Mouth Wash is perfect to keep your mouth fresh and clean. It will help to reduce bad breath, foul smell of onion or garlic which you ate in lunch/dinner and prevents the formation of bacteria.
- Drink lukewarm water: Lukewarm water will keep the mouth and throat clean. If you are feeling pain, sensitivity or clanking of teeth, it will help to relive that as well but make sure not to gulp it one go.
- Clean your tongue: Often people ignore cleaning tongue but it is important for good oral hygiene. One it keeps the mouth fresh and second, it helps to remove sticky substances from the tongue.
- Gargle every day to clean your throat: This will not only help to avoid cold but will keep the throat clean, reduce sores, swollen gums, etc.
Remember, oral hygiene cannot be ignored. It is the first step towards healthy living and will protect you from various infections. So make oral hygiene a habit and have a good set of teeth.