People choose motorcycles as a method of transportation due to their small and maneuverable nature. They can slip into tight spots and can be much more convenient than big and bulky cars. People who travel solo might prefer motorcycles, as they are compact and some drivers can travel more easily with motorcycles rather than having to commute, walk around, or take a car. This is a matter of personal preference, but being involved in a motorcycle accident can transform the entire motorcycling “hobby” into a different affair.
Of course, this isn’t to say that motorcycles should be discouraged simply because of the risk of accidents. Saying that would also mean cars should be discouraged due to their risk of being involved in accidents as well. However, due to the unpredictable nature of traffic, it’s important to at least be aware of what to do in the events of a motorcycle accident, and in this case, to be aware of how to treat scars after you experience such an event.
According to Bicycling, because of the possibilities of riders crashing their bikes on the ground, motorcycle accident scars such as those from road rash can occur at any given time.
Treating these kinds of wounds are most important within the first few hours. This short period of time can mean the difference between a recovery that is relatively safe and quick, or scarring and scabbing that remains for a prolonged period of time.
Natural Methods at Home
Sometimes, everything you need to treat your scars can be found at home. There are combinations and mixes you can create with common household items that prove powerful when it comes to removing scars. Here are some options you can try out with things you can easily find in the kitchen or grab at a nearby grocery store.
- Some people use a combination of turmeric and frozen milk or curd. The former is actually a good source of exfoliants, as it’s a natural container for them. It’s very capable of nourishing your skin, so not only can it remove scars, but it also has the potential to give you a kind of glow that will get anyone’s attention. The result of this mixture will be a paste that you have to apply gently to the scarred area for a few minutes before washing it off.
- If you have sensitive skin, another option is to use the same mixture above but with a few drops of rose water and lemon juice. This allows your skin an extra layer of protection, should turmeric and milk or curd be something your skin isn’t super compatible with.
- You may also mix two parts water and one part baking soda to create a sort of special paste. Similar to frozen milk, baking soda has special exfoliating properties that are natural to its composition. This gives it the ability to be able to gently scrape the layer of scar tissue until it disappears completely. When applying this to the scarred area, scrub gently for a few minutes before rinsing with cold water. Remember, don’t scrub intensely or it may cause more damage to your skin.
- You may also use mint juice as a way to remove scars with proper treatment. You can leave mint juice on the accident scar area for a few minutes. This process might take a few months of trying, but others will see the results: old scars might turn lighter after the regular use of this mint juice.
- Another option is to constantly apply Vitamin E sources like special oils on the scarred area so the scars and spots from the accident slowly fade out.
Check-Ups and Consultations Matter
Do remember, however, that it’s still important to consult a physician or a dermatologist when taking any of these treatments. While some people consider the above methods efficient and effective when it comes to scar treatment, they may not work for everyone. This is especially the case if you have dry skin, or irritable skin, or skin allergies.
Scar treatment methods work similarly to treatment options when dealing with pimples, rashes, or other forms of skin ailments. Remember, when done incorrectly, your scar treatment may result in skin infection, which can result in bigger, much worse scars. This is why it’s important to try as much as possible to get a professional’s opinion with regards to the efficiency of a certain product for your needs.
Don’t Neglect Proper Treatment
Motorcycle accidents can be extremely hassling and stressful, especially if they happen to you. The physical, mental, emotional, financial, and even legal repercussions of such an event can take a toll in your daily life. However, this is no reason to neglect proper treatment and make sure your recovery is sound and properly tailored to your needs.
While the tips above on how to treat scars from a motorcycle accident may be most useful on a case-by-case basis, these tips can at least give you an idea on what to consult physicians with should you seek to apply these methods. Do remember however that if you’re faced with a legal conundrum in terms of compensation and filing a case, you may click here for more information. Getting all your bases covered, be it legally, financially, or even medically, through the help of professionals can at least alleviate some stress on your end and fully prepare you for smooth recovery.