If you really want to know how to get a six pack and want to look more attractive and stronger, and if you are starting feeling frustrated because you’re not getting the muscles you desire after many diets plans and tough ab exercises, don’t worry.
For most people, 90% of getting a six pack is achieved by losing weight, while 10% is achieved by building up the abdominal muscles. It’s likely that you already have a set of abs, but they may be covered by fat! Are you searching online for the complete plan that will help you in getting rock solid six pack abs?
To get six pack abs you need to do two things: lose fat and build muscle. You get this by dieting and exercising daily. Below will discuss ways in which you can accomplish both of these goals.
In order to burn fat, you need to use up calories. Since there are about 3,500 calories in a pound, you need to burn about 3,500 more calories than you bring in with food or drink in order to lose one pound. It sounds simple, but it’s actually quite hard.
- Do cardio workouts. Cardio workouts are workouts that raise your heart rate for a given set of time. Some examples would be running, jogging, bike riding, dancing and rowing. Try cardio workouts often (3 to 5 times per week) for at least an hour at a time.
- Eat smaller meals late at night. Meals later on in the day tend to get stored as fat not because your metabolism is beginning to shut down, but because late-night meals are often overly caloric snack foods such as pizza or ice cream that aren’t worked off before you go to bed.
- Eat breakfast. Many people skip breakfast because they don’t have time for it. The harm of skipping breakfast from a weight loss perspective is twofold: it causes you to get hungrier later on, and it fails to jump start your metabolism.
- Get the right amount of sleep. Doctors are beginning to dive deeper into information suggesting that hormones that control appetite are affected by sleep, or lack thereof.
Abdominals were not given a ‘secret code’ to crack. To get thick, dense abs – the ones that ‘pop’ out – you must train them with intensity and overload. Like every muscle group, all you can do is train them as heavy and hard as possible and hope your genetics take care of the rest. You can’t change the shape or alignment or separation of your abs. You can’t move them around and place them where you want them. Your genetics will affect to which degree they “pop” out and to which degree they stay smoother or flatter.
- Do crunches.
- Do sit ups.
- Do leg lifts.
- Train your entire core.
Ab Exercises – My favorite video on how to get six pack abs
I’m so glad you’re here with us today on our mission to get 6 pack abs. Here’s a quick total body workout that you can do at home to help you burn belly fat!
Warnings & Myths
Let’s eliminate the top 3 ways not to get a six-pack:
- Learning how to get a six pack does not require thousands or even hundreds of crunches a day. Crunches are decent but totally overused and associated with more being better.
- Learning “how to” does not involve starvation diets. Starvation diets starve the muscle when you should be feeding the muscle instead. Guess what happens when you starve your body? Your metabolism shuts down out of survival and causes your body to store fat.
- Learning “how to” does not require expensive workout equipment promoted through obnoxious infomercials.
The next lower abdominal exercises that I want to show you is the twist and crunch.
- Make sure you give yourself adequate amount of rest (8 hrs for adults, and 8-10 hrs for kids and teenagers). When exercising you actually break down the muscle and if you give then the proper time to heal (and eat the proper foods) they will grow back stronger than before.
- Make a photo diary of your body but don’t take pictures too often (once a month is fine). Don’t study your pictures intensely since you might not get motivated if you don’t see a difference.
- Avoid drinking excessive alcohol as it can slow your metabolism.
- Building eye-popping abdominals is not the hardest thing to achieve in the world but it’s definitely not the easiest either.
Get six pack abs with a six-minutes video
Now you know how to get a six pack. Thank you for reading. Please share and drop a comment below.
Sources & References
“Rectus abdominis muscle” – Wikipedia
“Abs – The Secret Revealed” – Lazar Angelov
“Diet plans” – Marie Claire