Last Updated on
Healthy skin speaks of your overall health, so you have to take good care of your skin.
Follow these simple tips that helps your skin glow and be healthy.
1. Wash your face every day and apply a moisturizer after washing.
2. Apply sunscreen lotions or sun blocks that contain at least SPF 15 whenever you go into the sun, even in winter. Make sure you apply it 30 minutes before you go out into the sun to all the body parts that will be exposed to the sun.
3. If you have any skin conditions that are persistent overtime like rashes, excessive acne, you must visit a dermatologist.
4. Prevent chapping of lips with lip balm.
5. Get a facial done once or twice per week to remove the black heads and for skin exfoliations. Remember the products you use for the facial should suit your skin type and better if they are all natural products.
6. Avoid smoking, it not only affects your cardiovascular and respiratory health but also leads to bad skin and creates wrinkles around your lips.
8. Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates etc all in daily recommended allowances. It provides you energy and makes your skin healthy.
9. Always carry a hand lotion with you, as dry hands do not look good and are irritating too.
11. Check your skin care products for expiry and discard all the expired one. Also you must not apply cheap products to your skin, they cause damage to your skin.
12. Before you use any beauty tools on your skin, sterilize them well in boiling water for15 minutes prior to use.
13. You must apply moisturizer and sunscreen to the neck too, which is often neglected and so appears dull and dark.
14. Do not take hot showers for more than 15 minutes as the heat damages your skin because it washes away all the natural oils that are produced.
15. Take one multi-vitamin capsule every day. It will improve your skin health.
16. Drink lots of green tea, it has anti-inflammatory properties and also prevents the wrinkle formation by preventing collagen destruction.
17. Avoid stress. Stress triggers the production of cortisol in the body which makes skin oily and decreases the ability of the skin to fight the acne causing bacteria.
18. Practice stress management techniques like breathing exercises, meditation etc.
19. Live in environments with good air quality. Avoid smoking environments as smoke can release the free radicals in your body which damages the skin and boots the aging process. Change your furnace’s air filter, use exhaust fans in the kitchens, run humidifiers in your home to prevent skin dehydration.
20. Some toothpastes contain added flavours like cinnamon or tartar control ingredients, these may contribute to a skin condition called perioral dermatitis. This cause redness, scaling etc around the mouth. To avoid this problem use plain pastes with no added flavours. If the problem is severe, consult a dermatologist.
21. Protect your skin form the exposure to sun even indoors. UV rays can penetrate into your home or office through windows and cause skin spots and wrinkles. It is the same with car windows too. So protect yourself from the harmful UV rays even when you are indoors. Wear a moisturizer that contains SPF.
22. Sleep for 6-8 hours every day to keep stress at bay and have a healthy and glowing skin.
Michael Gocia is author this Tips for a better skin, find more tips on health blogs list available at directoryready.